Monday, May 11, 2009

It's My Job

A Crime Scene Investigator has to have a very strong stomach, in my opnion. Within minutes they could go from having a pot-roast lunch, to scraping up guts and brain-matter from the pavement, taking it in their stride; no twitching, blinking or even a hint of disgust. Mind you, I obviously don't think they had strong stomachs the FIRST day on the job, but we all know, without a doubt, that you get used to your job, to such an extent that certain things don't affect you the way they used to.

I know this may sound like a random thought, but I am going somewhere with this.

When the soldiers beat and crucified Jesus thousands of years ago, they were doing their job. We tend to wonder why the heck they didn't flinch, or realise what they were doing. It was horrible, disgusting, emotional, painful and wrong.

It was their job. This wasn't the first time they had crucified someone and it most certainly wasn't the last. Most of them had gotten so used to the sight of a criminal bleeding from their hands and feet, that they didn't even look twice. They seem heartless, but I think I understand.

It was their job.

Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment