Friday, July 23, 2010

Becoming Credit Savvy

Apparently we live in a time where things are drastically easier...or so everyone wants you to believe.

I disagree strongly!

Look, I'll make you a deal: I won't go into too much detail, and you must promise me that you will at least have a wonderful weekend. Deal? Deal.

I decided to apply for a specific mobile phone contract. I have payments going off my bank account, so I figured I wouldn't have a problem with establishing a good credit record. Obviously, I was wrong. It took the mobile phone company three weeks to tell me exactly WHY they're refusing me the contract I want. And might I add, they didn't look at all keen to help me in the first place.

Well, easily remedied, just apply for a credit card at the bank I've used for 30 years. I mean, why wouldn't my own bank want to give me a credit card? Wrong again. Turns out I'm in a catch 22 situation...both the mobile company and the bank wants me to have a better credit history. Great.

So, last resort, I decide to open a clothes account at a shop I frequent. Success!

And this couldn't have come at a better time, seeing as I now have to buy almost a complete now "office" wardrobe.

Yes...I landed a really great job at a wonderful company that offers me a very good market related salary. And as if that isn't enough, I landed a second job that keeps me busy for almost 2 weekends a month. This second job requires me to go camping in the mountains. Yes, your eyes aren't deceiving you...camping.

Oh, and then there's the third job: typing up transcripts which I can do on the weekends I'm not going camping, and during the week when I'm not watching Vampire movies or Space travel stories.

God truly does look out for His beloved children. I knew this in my heart, even when I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. And now He's gone and blessed me above and beyond.

Well, from my elated heart to yours: Thank you for reading and enjoy your respective weekends.

Love

Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment