My life back here in South Africa is definitely very different from the life I had in London. And I specifically say London, because the buzz of the city has changed me in such a way, that I now miss it!
But!!! There are many other things that has come into my world now. A week ago I had the privilege to change the world of some awesome people. A husband and wife has taken it upon themselves to be the mom and dad for 22 abandoned children. They live on a farm, not to far from where I live, and 20 of the young people at our church went to go and visit them last Saturday. We took plants, party hats, sweets balloons and all our muscle and in the process we gave them a beautiful garden, had lots of fun with the kids and got really really dirty! It was so much fun!
And the Friday before that, we had a Worship event together with two other churches. I jumped, sang and went crazy...of course!!
And I had the most awesome pizza last Saturday. I went to this really nice Pizzeria for a friend's birthday (have never been there before), and firstly, the service was excellent, the pizza was extremely tasty and even though I don't really drink wine, I had the loveliest semi-sweet white wine...tropical fruit and guava...yum! (Oh, and on my way there, I drove out from under a BMW...which is pretty cool, because I have a 1989 Citi Golf Sport...but it's an 1800, so I feel like the bomb when I drive around in it!)
And then I came down with the flu...which is quite funny, because in the five years I lived in London, I never used to have even a cold that was remotely this bad. I had to stay in bed all of yesterday (and sit upright at night...just so I could breathe...LOL!) Anyway, it's better now, because my best friend at Camp in the US sent me a package and I got it yesterday.
Right, if this sounds like mindless blabbing, I blame the flu!!
Wanda
What a interesting week you had!!
ReplyDeleteIt was a very nice gesture of yo guys to make a garden and treat the kids! Goeie mense is skaars deesdae!!
Hope you feel better soon!
Desi
Hey...gedog ek kom kyk wat jy aanvang in jou spaar tyd. Ek het nog nie vergeet van die nommers wat ek jou belowe het nie, maar ek is so besig ek weet nie wat is bo en wat onder nie. Ek was verlede week die hele week in die Kaap, maar het so hard gewerk dat ek nie eers die berg ordentlik gesien het nie! Dis erg frustrerend...Dit reen en reen hier by ons. As jy praat van London dan mis ek dit ook en ek was maar net 2 maande daar. Pas jou op en hoop jy word sommmer gou gesond!
ReplyDeleteliefde groete
melis