Monday, February 18, 2013

Infatuation

If I were to ask anyone in my immediate world whether they've ever been infatuated, in love, smitten or star struck, I'm sure not one of them will be able to say no.

I remember, when I was 12 years old, I had this intense star struck infatuation with Bryan Adams; I loved his music and I thought he was hot! (I also believed without a doubt that I was going to marry him...hey, I was 12!)  And then, when I was close to finishing High School, I had this overwhelming desire to be like Jessica Alba; to me she was amazing.  (I still think so...sshh!)

And of course I've had my fair share of crushes and infatuations over the years, but here's my question:  What do you do when you're in love, infatuated and star struck?  I can't speak for everyone on this planet, but I know that personally, I try and find out everything about that person that I can lay my hands on.  For instance, Bryan Adams once handed out information cards at one of his concerts that contained the address of the World Wildlife Federation and asked all the concert goers to fill in their details and appeal to save the whales.  Now, I wouldn't have known this if I wasn't interested in every detail of his life at the time.

But did you know that there's someone that's infatuated with you?  No, for real.  So infatuated that he's more present and protective than sparkly Edward Cullen in Twilight.

Check this:  Psalm 37:23 says:  "He delights in every detail of their lives."  Nah ah...don't you dare skip over that verse just because it's shorter than most.  Go back, read it again...I'll give you a moment.  Did you see it?  Do you realize what it's saying?  It's not about some creepy dude hovering over your life and making you feel uncomfortable.  No, it's about an omnipotent, everlasting God who created every single particle of every single universe; every single breath of every single living being; every single dust speck of every single exploding star; the God that stands outside of time and space and sees everything the moment it happens, all at once.  And THAT God delights in every single detail of your life; every moment you think no-one else will ever be aware of.  He delights in YOU.

Why?  Because He loves you unconditionally.  Read it again:  "unconditionally".  That means that, no matter the choices you've made, the things you've done, the struggles you have, His love for you remains constant.

"'Cause I'll be by your side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
And please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
-Tenth Avenue North-


No comments:

Post a Comment