I'm not sure if this is true for everyone, but the end of a year has the potential to have a very negative effect on one's self-esteem and motivation.
Personally, I found myself wanting to pack my bags and move to the Arctic Circle by the end of 2012 and in my head I had been making plans for a while. But my sister wisely said that you shouldn't make any hasty decisions at that time of the year, because your decision would be drenched with emotion and devoid of common sense.
So I didn't make my way to the Arctic Circle (or any other remote place for that matter...hang on, isn't there a village where the roads are rivers somewhere in Holland? Maybe I should try that...)
The point is, I'm glad I didn't uproot myself just yet, because as soon as 2013 opened its doors and invited me in, I could feel something was different. The air was electric, I could feel it running across my skin. And I decided: this year is going to be amazing!
If I was a Time Lord, I'd be able to tell you that I've already seen the future and it was bundles of fun, which is why I came back and chose to live it again. But I'm not in charge of any Time; I'm only in charge of how I spend my own.
So I'm choosing to spend this year doing amazing things; opening myself up to amazing experiences and at the end of it, if I get my hands on a time-machine, I'd want to be able to say that I'd do it all over again.
Here's to MY 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment