Friday, January 8, 2010

Embarrassing Moment... # 2

So, who's up for hearing another Wanda Embarrassing Moment? I can see hands shooting up everywhere, and I even hear someone screaming; "Me, me!!"

Okay, here goes:

I'm pretty sure it was within my first week in High School and we were on our way from one class to the next (In South African Schools we file out of class single file and walk in an orderly manner, in line, to our next class in grade 8 and 9, because the whole class attends exactly the same classes for those two years). I was going down a flight of stairs, my school uniform's skirt hanging just below my knees (yes, very dorky, I know!!) and I was carrying a pretty big book bag...those ones with the seven different dividers.

So, there I was, looking totally geeky, strolling down, in line, one step at a time; and I honestly thought that my next step would be solid ground, no more stairs, but alas...it wasn't meant to be. I misjudged my step and went flying through the air, landing on all fours, bookcase flying out the hallway door.

And the best thing about this whole scenario? The seniors were on the other side of the staircase on their way up to their next class!! As I looked up from my very uncomfortable position on the floor, I found myself in front of one of the handsome young boys in the senior class.

Totally embarrassing...and everyone was laughing.

What else could I do? I got up, dusted myself off, nursed a bruised knee and carried on to my next class.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment