Thursday, January 7, 2010

A List Of New Things

Some of you might know this already, but I'm saying it again mainly to explain my post. I decided a couple of years ago that I would like to learn something new each year. Yesterday I started wondering exactly how many new things I've learnt since then, and even before then.

Here's my list (working backwards because it's easier):

2010 I'm planning on studying part time: Proofreading & Copy Editing.
2009 I taught dances to young kids. Have always only worked with teenagers. I also River Rafted for the first time, on the Orange River.
2008 I was trained and operated as a Ropes Facilitator at a Summer Camp in America. First time doing ropes, first time in America, so pretty much first time doing quite a lot of things
2007 I was trained as a Sound Technician Assistant at Hillsong in London
2005/2006 I did a part-time course and received a Legal Secretarial Qualification.
2003/2004 I worked at a Wine Museum and learnt how to taste wine.
2003 (April) I went overseas for the first time and for 5 years I learnt about new cultures...too much to mention in one post!
2001/2002 I started working in an office for the first time after my studies. PA, Office Manger, Receptionist, Invoicing Clerk, it was all completely new to me.
1998-2000 I studied Dance, Drama, and Music at an Arts College
1997 I did Volunteer Evangelism for a year in schools

And that's pretty much it, at the moment...in a nutshell of course. Looking back at this, I love the fact that this shows how much one can grow as a human, and it motivates me to do it again and again!

I'll leave you with a great quote: "You can choose to live in a place of fear, or you can believe in the best version of yourself." Mac Taylor - CSI New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment